life is always about the journey...

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Hello..Again!!



CATCHING UP......

I'm sorry, I'm sorry.....I've not been 100% healthwise and some days I just haven't had the heart to work on projects right now.  I am knee deep IN projects though...although none are finished enough to share but one...which I will share this week with you all. 

So bear with me please....this spring and summer are a bit crazy.  With graduation (that's done thank goodness), summer vacation and then getting Alexa settled in college....there isn't a whole lotta down time to work on things.  
MAYBE by fall it will settle down again? Yes? LOL!

Anyway this is just a catch-up post in case you don't follow me on Instagram or Facebook where I post often.  
I won't be posting much the next 2 weeks since we leave Wednesday for University of South Carolina for Alexa's orientation for 2.5 days and then down to Disney World for the rest of the time.  A much needed BREAK for everyone that's for sure.


Aren't these snowball hydrangeas gorgeous?  Mine haven't blossomed yet but these were at the outlets and just too beautiful to not take a picture of.


I may or may not have done some shopping at the J.Crew, Banana Republic and Gap outlets last week.
Lots of awesome sales....sundresses for $29, tank tops for $15 and shorts for $15...I stocked up!


I went for happy colored flowers in my table centerpiece that my Dad made me...love the bright colors.
You can read more about the centerpiece HERE if you missed it.


One of the Father's Day gifts I got the hubs finally came....a signed baseball by Ian Desmond of the Washington Nationals.  It helped benefit a great charity so it was a win/win for everyone!



I took the kids down to DC on Thursday to watch the USAvs.Belgium FIFA Soccer game...always fun to watch those in a big crowd. We got a great table surrounded by TVs early and ate a few appetizers while waiting for the hubs to get there. Unfortunately TeamUSA lost but it was fun anyway. Then we mozied on across the street to watch our Washington Nationals play a game (2nd time that week lol).

Lots of lettuce coming out of my garden lately....I've been giving it to everyone LOL!
Tomatoes are pink so I should have some before we leave....told my neighbors to take whatever they wanted while we are gone on vacation to enjoy.


Thank you Hurricane Arthur for the FABULOUS weather we had on Friday for the 4th of July....in the mid-70's with a breeze & bright blue skies...gorgeous!

We celebrated at our fave crab shack Lowry's for some yummy steamed MD Blue Crabs covered in Old Bay for lunch...so good!


I was actually chilly enough by 4 pm that I had to change into jeans...so this was my 4th of July style.
Abercrombie skinnies, Gap t-shirt and Gap white jean jacket.

We went to see "TAMMY" at the movies and it was pretty good...definitely funny but with more serious moments.  NOT as funny as Bridesmaids, The Heat or The Other Woman...but good.

Then we had a late night dinner at our local IHop...for some of our Dean antics...I'm sure they groan when they see us come in because we always are acting goofy and laughing loudly LOL.  Naw, they love us there...I think ;)

Alexa snuggling with Winston....I think he's ok with it this time...somedays he's not LOL!


Tonight we are off to see the fireworks at our neighborhood Golf Club and then I'm down at my mom's tomorrow to drop the doggies off (sniff sniff). The boys will be at a Nationals Game and Alexa at a friends so mom is on her own ;)

Have a great weekend!




Share:

1 comment

Thanks so much for visiting me, I hope I made you smile or inspired you in some way! I appreciate you stopping by!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig